Old September 1st 04, 11:04 AM
Fred Bartoli

"Leon Heller" a écrit dans le message de
" Uncle Peter" wrote in message
news0bZc.124585$Lj.108231@fed1read03...

It will oscillate at the fundamental, not the marked 100 MHz overtone
frequency. At 100 MHz, I'd guess that's a 7th or 5th overtone cut.
Most likely 7th, 20 MHz is about the limit for fundamental crystals.

That used to be the case, but 40 MHz fundamental crystals have been
available for some time. I've got some.

I guess this is not for the garden variety crystals, but I've seen (can't
remember where) that IC etching technology has been applied to crystals
manufacturing which resulted in crystals of over 200MHz fundamental
frequency.

--
Thanks,
Fred.