Old September 1st 04, 05:59 PM
Tom Bruhns

(PDRUNEN) wrote in message ...
Hi Group,

I have a crystal marked 100MHz, it the smaller package found in the CBs.

What I want to do is connect this up to a ECL or Fast TTL and get a 0 to 5 Volt
square wave output that can drive 50 ohms with 2.5 volts or more.

Anyone have a good circuit or suggestions?

Suggestion: just get a 100MHz TTL oscillator. I believe Harold
offered you one last time you posted about 100MHz xtals a couple years
ago. ECL won't have 2.5V output, but I could supply you with a nice
little PECL 100MHz VCXO that you could easily trim to "exactly"
100MHz. It will deliver about 800mV p-p into 50 ohms.

Cheers,
Tom