Old March 10th 13, 02:12 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Phil Kane[_3_] Phil Kane[_3_] is offline

Default Novice Reflections

On Sat, 9 Mar 2013 10:29:26 EST, Foxs Mercantile
wrote:

"I can hear all over the world, but I need an amplifier to transmit."
People get DXCC running 5 watts, there's something wrong with
your antenna if it takes 1 KW to be heard.

When was the last time that you worked DX or a contest up against the
Kilowatt Kings? I refrain from both unless I'm operating a club
station with output power approaching the four digit range.

73 de K2ASP - Phil Kane

From a Clearing in the Silicon Forest

Beaverton (Washington County) Oregon