Old March 12th 13, 07:37 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Bert[_3_] Bert[_3_] is offline

Default Novice Reflections

In Foxs Mercantile
wrote:

But, from the mid '60s and later, you were probably sold a bill of
goods commonly referred to as a vertical antenna. You follow the
instructions, measure everything twice borrow an swr meter from
your Elmer, it's tuned up perfectly, but.... It just doesn't work.

Using my non-functioning verticals, never more than 100 Watts, and a
very desultory operating style, I've managed to do WAS a few times over
and have 235 countries confirmed.

What are you selling?

--
Bert Hyman W0RSB St. Paul, MN