Old March 13th 13, 05:23 PM
richard8123 richard8123 is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard8123 View Post
I have a turret drum that came from an old boatanchor (Murphy B40D).

Edit2: I probably should draw out the tuned circuits only that are in the drum, post a link, and draw comments from that. Hopefully then a solid-state circuit can be built up.
Here is a picture of the Front End as is and a picture with the RF valves removed, but keeping (for now) the valve oscillator and mixer.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/richard...RF%20Unit.html

Section 1 includes drum pins 1-5, section 2 pins 6-10, section 3 pins 11-15 and oscillator pins 16-20.

Need modern transistor circuit for the two RF stages.

EDIT1: Transistors: I suppose were looking at a modern FET, that is as good as a valve WRT cross modulation/overloading. Do such "angels" exist? I do not suppose we would be using 2N3819 these days? Have we moved on? :c)

Would remove: C101, C141, C142, C143.

Last edited by richard8123 : March 14th 13 at 12:57 AM