Old September 3rd 04, 08:13 PM
Tim Wescott

Default Good Cheap Soldering Iron

A friend of mine is putting together a middle-school electronics lab,
and wants to get some good cheap soldering irons. I've been traumatized
by some really pitiful soldering irons so I don't just want to go price
shopping. However, since I've been using professional grade,
temperature controlled irons almost exclusively for years I can't
recommend any good cheap ones.

Can anyone recommend a soldering iron that will actually work but
doesn't cost much? I'm thinking of a rough equivalent to the Weller
WP-25, but that costs less than $20 a pop.

Thanks in advance.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services