Old March 19th 13, 12:54 PM
Channel Jumper Channel Jumper is offline
Senior Member

I just don't like D STAR and I don't LIKE ICOM

Can
Only
Monitor

D Star is nothing but a copy cat attempt to try to make amateur radio more like public service.

In the hills of western Pennsylvania, it does not work! Period!

Maybe if all your emergencies were within 5 miles of the repeater, and everything was wiped off the face of the earth, except your D Star Repeater, it might work. But that does not happen in the real world.

Please, let D Star die a death of natural causes.
It has no place in amateur radio, except for the LIDS who wants to be different. Does it have interoptibility - NO, if your transceiver is analog - you are SOL - so why use it?

Once people progresses beyond the stage of 2 meters, playing around with walkie talkies, and moves up to HF, the thought of wanting to go back to two meters is almost ludrichrist for anything other then doing local ecomm work.
No Kings, no queens, no jacks, no long talking washer women...