Old March 22nd 13, 09:44 PM
Tesla Tesla is offline
Junior Member

Default Which 12 VDC Heavy Duty Battery To Buy?

I plan on purchasing a Kenwood TM-281 2 meter mobile rig. I would like to use this rig at home with a heavy duty battery. I was told to get a deep cycle marine battery. I just don't know what size battery in amps to get? Kenwood advises to use a power supply at 13.8 vdc at 14 amps if one is going to use the rig at the maximum output of 65 watts. I'm only going to use 25 watts at maximum. Any suggestions on the type or make of battery to purchase? Should i purchase a battery with maximum amps?