Old March 27th 13, 07:26 PM
atari_afternoon atari_afternoon is offline
Junior Member

Hi. Sorry for quite a necro but I just had to register and THANK YOU for this piece of information

I was so frustrated last week when my newly acquired Sony ICF SW 100 developed just this ribbon cable fault. The only options I had were to get a vastly overpriced original Sony replacement kit OR to try my best to "win" another faulty receiver just to weed it out for its ribbon cable.

This piece of information helped to to bid and win on the right one

(Serial number: early 100 000 ).

The other now ribbon cable-faulty one was only in the 70 000 s.

So glad that this post has confirmed I have gotten the right thing
The new one´s only fault was a broken antenna tip.

Last edited by atari_afternoon : March 27th 13 at 07:46 PM Reason: typos