Old March 28th 13, 03:06 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default TO-3 transistor socket

"JIMMIE" wrote in message
I want to add sockets TO-3 for the pass transistors in my 12 volt power
supply. The trouble is I can not find current(I) specifications for the
sockets. I really dont know what I should expect for a spec, guessing 10
amps for a good quality unit. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

It depends on the socket. They seem to average about 10 amps for the most
part. Some are rated from 5 to 20 amps. There are some special ones out
that seem to be rated for about 50 amps. I think they are made for some
special large pin to3 size transistors.

Here is a data sheet on one of the 'normal' types.
http://www.mouser.com/catalog/specsheets/5068080G.pdf