Old September 4th 04, 08:26 PM
Roy Lewallen

Bill Turner wrote:

. . .
Toluene, acetone and MEK are all powerful solvents and can damage
plastics and rubber just like carbon tet. They're great for some
things, but be careful.
. . .

I agree fully. Sorry, I didn't intend to recommend any of these solvents
for cleaning pots or most other electronic parts -- for the reasons Bill
states. Acetone and MEK are also highly flammable and not good to
breathe. Carbon tet was a good degreaser -- I remember using it to clean
the surface of a balky crystal. The solvents I mentioned are also good
degreasers and general solvents, but do attack a lot of materials and
need to be used with caution.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL