Old March 30th 13, 08:46 PM
Channel Jumper Channel Jumper is offline
Senior Member

Default VE's WANTED

I had a interesting email from a VE - pertaining to VE's wanted for Dayton this year.
They are looking for LARC VE members to work a 6 hour shift.
In return, you get into the Dayton Hamfest FREE!

Um - lets see
I drive 5 hours to get there.
I pay $200 a night to stay there
I work 6 hours and I get to walk around for free.
I drive another 5 hours to go home.

That means I put out about $500 to go to the Dayton Hamfest and I have about 16 hours to spend - realistically, and I give up 6 of those hours to save $20.00

That is what I would call dedication to amateur radio........
No Kings, no queens, no jacks, no long talking washer women...