Old April 15th 13, 05:27 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Joy Beeson Joy Beeson is offline

Default Cleaning

On Sun, 14 Apr 2013 23:42:58 -0700, "Richard Knoppow"
wrote:

You might even try kerosene or turpentine, both will
dissolve certain waxes.

We're back to the original topic -- to wrench the thread back to
sewing, when I bought the White Family Rotary treadle machine, my
spouse used kerosene to clean out its guts. Kerosene was cheap and
readily available at the time. But I don't know what kerosene would
do to paint. The varnish that old lubricants turn into is a great
deal like paint . . .

Even soap will wrinkle paint if it's concentrated and you let it set.
(But soap won't take paint out of a T-shirt, or even fade it.)

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net