Old April 16th 13, 07:22 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Default Kenwood TH-28A problem

On Tue, 16 Apr 2013, Channel Jumper wrote:

LoneHamm;803799 Wrote:
I did have another ham check out the unit. It was found that the
transmit frequency was off, so it got corrected. Now, I can transmit
and receive.

Thanks for the tip.

The bottom line is that the repeater is too far away.

Basic physic's 101 - all signals reduce at the square of the distance
away.

You wasted your money when you bought a walkie talkie...

He said another ham looked at it, and the rig was off frequency, and now
it works fine.

That sure doesn't sound like an issue of distance, or walkie talkie.

Michael VE2BVW