Old September 10th 04, 03:53 AM
Wes Stewart

|=============================

|It could only happen in the USA!

Wife and I have traveled to over half the states now and we usually
try to visit the state capital buildings. (We live 90 miles from the
AZ building but haven't seen it).

Most of these examples of sparing no expense when you have an
unlimited supply of tax money, try to mimic the US Capital. Some even
like to claim that they are taller, wide, grander, etc. They are also
very much like airports, in that they are always undergoing
remodeling.

One other thing they seem to have in common is an appreciation of the
female form, particularly exposed breasts. Mind you, I find these
very interesting too, but often the legislators, who during their
deliberations are being overseen by paintings and statues featuring
these delightful forms, are busy passing laws against topless dancing,
declaring "low-rise" jeans illegal, fussing about dirty movies and so
forth.

Maybe we were better off under King George, and I don't mean the one
currently in the White House.