Old May 4th 13, 09:23 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Rob[_8_] Rob[_8_] is offline

Default Scanner antenna ???

Tom wrote:
I have an old 2m 70cm diamond antenna with gnd planes, Suppose that would
work also? But someone gave it to me because it didn't work so might take a
closer look at it.

A dualband transmit antenna may work less well as a wideband receive
antenna than a plain dipole, as it is constructed to match well and
even provide gain at two distinct bands, and the methods used to achieve
this may result in nulls at other frequencies. But you can always
try it and find out how it works at the bands you are interested in.