Old December 18th 03, 12:55 PM
Gary V. Deutschmann, Sr.

I wouldn't say you were that alt!

I have also lived where there were zero rules or laws about property
or maintenance. That side of the fence is actually worse than having
some moderate restrictions as to livestock, house color, outbuildings,
etc. Lest you end up with a pig farmer upwind in a regal purple house
with dayglow orange outbuildings constructed of old auto bodies.

It is so easy to disguise or hide most ham antenna's, except towers
and yagi's of course, that it is not usually a problem for most hams.

I did have a 50 foot tower that was in place before the restrictions
came into play and was thus grandfathered.
I was a little irked when I changed my house color without prior
permission, considering the color was in their approved list already,
and they called me on it. There was no fine, and the color scheme was
approved as suitable. They had left no provisions for the common
three color blend of painting which is quite prevelent in our area.
All of their approved schemes consisted of only two colors.

TTUL
Gary