Old May 12th 13, 05:21 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Antonio I0JX Antonio I0JX is offline

Default 803s in push-pull / parallel

I have started building a 7-MHz AM trasmitter with four suppressor-modulated
803s in push-pull-parallel. I expect to get nearly 400W of carrier power.

My only concern is plate voltage. As a matter of fact I plan to use a power
supply that delivers about 2800V under no-load conditions, which is
considerably higher than the maximum allowed plate voltage (2000 V) and I
have no simple means to reduce it.

My intention would be to increase the negative grid bias, so as to reduce
plate current and stay within the allowed plate dissipation.

Does any one have experience of operating an 803 (or an 813 which is very
similar) at a much higher plate potential?

Thanks & 73.

Tony I0JX
Rome, Italy