Old May 12th 13, 06:55 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Brian Burns Brian Burns is offline

Default DX-100 or Apache?

Hello All,

Well it looks like the Viking II wins by default. Two have become available, for very reasonable prices, and they can cover the WARC bands as well as 160m.

As for audio modifications to improve fidelity--which AM'ers seem to want these days--Electric Radio magazine has a series of 3 articles describing a couple of levels of modification. June, July, and August 1998, and they have been used to good effect by no less than one of our favorite highly critical curmudgeons, who shall remain nameless (;-)...

Electrical Radio back issues are available directly from the publisher post haste, and for boatanchor lovers a subscription is just about mandatory!

Someone asked about my call sign. I was very active back in the early 1950's as W5BRO in south Texas, and K6UCD in Redwood City, Calif.

Thanks very much for all the responses--much appreciated!

Cheers,

Brian Burns

See my website: www.lessonsinlutherie.com