Old May 25th 13, 03:33 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
tom tom is offline

Default Backpacking antenna question (Was: Test)

On 5/24/2013 1:34 PM, seediq wrote:
I think you are particularly sensitive to RF. We are all different. I
would be very cautious with RF if I were you. I have found from
experience that the lower the frequency, like 160 meters, the more
penetrating power it has to get into a house or car. I do not understand
the mechanism but I sure know this from experience.

Yes, I would expect qrp operation to not be a problem. I run 1200 watts
most days with a loop surrounding my home. I get away with it. There are
studies that show that active ham radio operators do not live as long as
those who are not. They often implicate rf exposure. I personally
believe it is actually because it is such a sedentary hobby. We have to
get out and walk each day and do our treadmill to keep our heart healthy.

Slightly off topic.

Or maybe it's because of exposure to vaporized tin/lead solder.

We are electronic hobbyists, or some of us are.

tom
K0TAR