Old May 25th 13, 12:08 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Tom[_8_] Tom[_8_] is offline

Default Scanner antenna ???

Hi Gentlemen,
I have the two capacitors for the bottom matching coil on the Diamond X200a.
I have sanded and cleaned the old solder off the sleeve there that looks
like chromed brass.

I have tried a couple times so far to get the solder to stick to that brass.
I have tried some plumbing solder, some plumber's paste (acid flux) I
cleaned it, sanded it, filed it and it wont stick to that brass ring part at
the bottom. I tried 50/50 solder, rosin core, lead free, and another couple
types I am not sure their breakdown but they are electronic solder. Any
ideas or tips to try to get that solder to stick? I see it has a nylon
insert there of some sort. I am wondering if I am getting it hot enough, I
think I am, I am using a 250 watts gun solder type solder iron. Any ideas?
Thanks

"Jeff Liebermann" wrote in message
On Tue, 07 May 2013 11:32:57 -0700, Jeff Liebermann
wrote:

Incidentally, you might find the modifications and analysis of the
Diamond X510 antenna of interest:
http://pa0fri.home.xs4all.nl/Ant/X510N/Diamond%20X510N%20modification.htm
--
Jeff Liebermann