Old September 15th 04, 08:52 AM
Hans Summers

If there really are people such as you claim, and you have
not just invented them for the purpose of this discussion, then why

haven't
they got a higher grade of licence?

I don't think you read my posting properly. I already told you, "every M3 I
have met is on his way to the full license. Several have got theirs since I
first knew them". Just one example immediately springs to mind without me
even having to look up callsigns in my log: Ken M3NPD now M0RZZ.

I can imagine why many people wanting a full license might want to get an
intermediate license first, so they could get on air whilst working for the
full license. Seems to me to be quite a sensible approach. Others might
become M3 because the full license seems daunting. When they get on air
perhaps they'd be enthused enough to upgrade their license.

You would seem to be describing a CBers-Masquerading-As-
-Radio-Hams and not actually _REAL_ Radio Hams.

This comment shows you're not really thinking logically about all this, even
if it is your genuinely held opinion. By your statement you're saying a full
license holder can still be a Masquerading CB'er, because he isn't very
involved technically. Conversely you would then have to concede that a
technically able M3 was a real ham not a CB'er, regardless of his license
class. I think you need to decide whether your sweeping generalisations are
to define criteria based on license class, or on technical ability.

I am not mocking anybody - your comment says more
about you, perhaps, than it does about me?

Belittle would have perhaps been a better word. You are attempting to
belittle others more worthy of the amatuer license than you are, and in the
process you are demonstrating considerable expertise in self-belittlement...

73

Hans

CB'er Masquerading as Radio Ham, a.k.a. G0UPL (who has never owned or
operated a commercial rig, and in gradually making my way higher in
frequency from my start on 80m, is still some 17MHz short of the CB band...)