Old September 15th 04, 06:24 PM
Airy R. Bean

But the M3 licence is no more a stepping stone to _REAL_ Ham
Radio than are other pursuits such as Needleworking and football
supporting.

"Hans Summers" wrote in message
If there really are people such as you claim, and you have
not just invented them for the purpose of this discussion, then why

haven't
they got a higher grade of licence?

I don't think you read my posting properly. I already told you, "every M3

have met is on his way to the full license. Several have got theirs since

first knew them". Just one example immediately springs to mind without me
even having to look up callsigns in my log: Ken M3NPD now M0RZZ.
I can imagine why many people wanting a full license might want to get an
intermediate license first, so they could get on air whilst working for

the
full license. Seems to me to be quite a sensible approach. Others might
become M3 because the full license seems daunting. When they get on air
perhaps they'd be enthused enough to upgrade their license.