Old May 28th 13, 11:25 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default 2 meter commercial dipole.

"Geoffrey S. Mendelson" wrote in message
Does anyone know of a 2m commerical dipole? Cushcraft used to make a 4
dipole phased array for tower use. I only want one.

I know it is a simple antenna to make, but in my case it is something
I have to pay someone to put up (even if it is on an awning over a
balcony)
and it has to survive wind and sandstorms, direct sunlight at 3,000 feet
altitude, and 6 months of the year extremely low humidity.

I want a dipole because a beam would be too obvious and attract attention,
and I want it horizontally polarized.

Any suggestions?

TIA,

Geoff.

Look at this horizontal loop.
http://www.aesham.com/uhf/m2-antennas-2m-ho-loop/

Very similar to a dipole and I think it is omni directional where a dipole
willbe directional.