Old September 15th 04, 06:36 PM
Airy R. Bean

I am neither mocking nor belittling - your comment says more
about you, perhaps, than it does about me?

Once again you are resorting to a rather silly and childish line
in personal remarks, remarks which would tend to classify you as a CBer,
because Ham Radio has traditions of gentlemanly conduct which
are sadly lost on you. Because of your emotive and immature stance
it is unlikely that anyone reading this NG would mistake you
for a Radio Ham.

It is not a question of belittlement nor of mocking, merely one
of taxonomy.

I welcome and encourage everybody, irrespective of their background
to become technically interested and thus become suitable candidates
for _REAL_ Ham Radio. Those that do not become technically
motivated simply are not _REAL_ Radio Hams. They are something
else, probably CBers. Those whose pursuit is football supporting and
nothing else are clearly not Radio Hams, but it not a matter of mocking
nor is a matter of belittling to classify them as non-Hams.

"Hans Summers" wrote in message
I am not mocking anybody - your comment says more
about you, perhaps, than it does about me?

Belittle would have perhaps been a better word. You are attempting to
belittle others more worthy of the amatuer license than you are, and in

the
process you are demonstrating considerable expertise in

self-belittlement...