Old May 29th 13, 12:19 AM
Channel Jumper Channel Jumper is offline
Senior Member

John - no reason to be offensive.

The OP asked if anyone knew of a manufacturer of a dipole antenna.
Any antenna 1/2 wavelength in size can be considered a dipole antenna.
The problem with horizontal polarization is that you need to get it at least 10' above everything else in the neighborhood to get it to work.
That does not leave you with a stealth option.

Too many people moves into a house and after they move in, they say, oh and by the way - I would like to continue to practice being a ham.
To which the local housing /zoning board says NO!

So people gets all kinds of bright ideas on how to hide antenna's.
The telephone commercial for Verizon comes to mind - can you hear me now!

NO - no one that I know of makes a horizontal Dipole antenna, due to the fact that most people are too cheap to even buy a antenna these days.

The antenna I have good luck with is the Diamond V2000 - but that is probably 6' tall...
Another good vertical antenna is a Diamond X 510 - which is probably 18' long.

All you need is some plexiglass, a bunch of stainless steel screws and nuts and bolts. A couple of sections of old aluminum tube - even a elderly persons walker would probably produce enough aluminum to make a decent antenna. Or a old lawn chair.
One piece to the left, another to the right, a SO connector, some Permetex Loctite Blue RVT, a couple of pieces of copper wire and a dab of solder and a couple of ring terminals and you would have yourself a antenna.

Find someone with a antenna analyzer to adjust the length to 146.550 and you would be set.

A even better solution would be a HALO antenna or a Moxun Beam - which some people might call a Sqaulo - since it is rectangular.

ARRL antenna book is your best friend in a situation like that!
No Kings, no queens, no jacks, no long talking washer women...