Old May 29th 13, 01:58 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
tom tom is offline

Default 2 meter commercial dipole.

On 5/28/2013 6:39 AM, Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:
Does anyone know of a 2m commerical dipole? Cushcraft used to make a 4
dipole phased array for tower use. I only want one.

I know it is a simple antenna to make, but in my case it is something
I have to pay someone to put up (even if it is on an awning over a balcony)
and it has to survive wind and sandstorms, direct sunlight at 3,000 feet
altitude, and 6 months of the year extremely low humidity.

I want a dipole because a beam would be too obvious and attract attention,
and I want it horizontally polarized.

Any suggestions?

TIA,

Geoff.

If you can find a PAR Electronics Omniangle loop I'd recommend that.
It's within .5 dB of omni and horizontally polarized. I believe the
design was Motorola but it ended up some other places including PAR. I
remember them calling it aperture synthesis or something like that. It
sure doesn't look like an antenna that would be omni but it's closer
than anything else I've seen. His site is still up but you can't order.

http://www.parelectronics.com/faq-omniangles.php

I have a 2m version and could send you all measurements. But the
"matchbox" is sealed and I'm not going to cut it open. It may be only a
choke because it does state that a balun is part of it.

Unfortunately part of his antenna business was taken over when he
retired (?) but the Omniangles are no longer manufactured. You might be
able to find a used one. They were made for HF through 432 or maybe 1296.

tom
K0TAR