Old September 16th 04, 09:42 PM

.... I found some military stuff right in the middle of our 450 band a
couple years ago, and challenged the operator. He was only to glad to give
me a phone number to call, which I did, I ended up at a military base
talking to a high ranking officer ....

My experience locally was on two meters, but the high-ranking officer
said that if/when it happened again, I should call him and ask to have
their frequency(ies) changed to something that didn't interfere with
whatever we were using.

--Myron.
--
Five boxes preserve our freedoms: soap, ballot, witness, jury, and cartridge
PhD EE (retired). "Barbershop" tenor. CDL(PTXS). W0PBV. (785) 539-4448