Old September 17th 04, 10:25 PM
G.Beat

"G.Beat" wrote in message
news:29B2d.106051$3l3.19531@attbi_s03...
"**THE-RFI-EMI-GUY**" wrote in message
Help, my beloved 20 year old Weller EC2002A Soldering Station has cr@pped
out! Although it seems to heat up normally and can even be adjusted, the
display only flashes "Err" briefly when turned on. I checked the
thermistor in the iron and it seems to be OK. I even bought a used newer
but junky looking EC2002-0 controller, but it seems to have other
problems and has different parts inside so a swap is not in order.

How does one fix these?
TIA

--
Joe Leikhim K4SAT
"The RFI-EMI-GUY"

Joe -

Likely the problem is with the sensor/SCR circuitry on the control board
within the EC2002A base unit.

Correction, if you believe the temperature sensor/control SCR portion is
working correctly - a external tmeperature sensor is useful - as you rotate
the temperature knob -- then definitley look for display related (component)
issues - such as mentioned by Eric