Old June 27th 13, 10:07 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Wayne Wayne is offline

Default 6 meter antenna ideas.....

"Irv Finkleman" wrote in message

# What do you want to do with it? If it is just for local nets and such
#the vertical magmount should do the trick. For things like Dx you
# will, of course,. want something more.

# Irv VE6BP

I don't know of any local nets, and the only stations I've worked are local
hams on a very occasional basis.

So the goal is an occasional non-local contact.

During the recent 6 meter test, I heard just a few weak stations, and got to
switch between the two antennas. The attic dipole was slightly better.
And, after digging for stations in the mud for about 30 minutes, I gave up
on the contest.

I've only been able to receive one beacon (about 60 miles away), but it went
off the air in a forest fire a while back.