Old June 28th 13, 01:46 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Wayne Wayne is offline

Default 6 meter antenna ideas.....

"Jeff Liebermann" wrote in message

On Thu, 27 Jun 2013 12:05:51 -0700, "Wayne"
wrote:

Needs to be either in the attic, or on a metal patio cover.
A vertical on top of a 20 foot pole "might" be possible.

Currently I am using a 1/4 wave vertical mag mount on top of a metal patio
cover. I also have a half wave dipole in the attic.

# Are you doing CW and SSB at the bottom of the 6 meter band?

Yes.

snip

Thanks for the info Jeff.

I guess I wasn't specific on the interests. So far, just CW and SSB. I
have mostly been getting a HF 7-28 Mhz antenna set up. Now I'm looking at
6.

A rotary array would be difficult in the attic, but switched directive
arrays may be possible.

Otherwise, I'm mostly limited to antennas on the patio cover. A rotary beam
would be possible, but at a low height of about 15 feet.

Time to spend some effort with EZNEC.

Wayne
W5GIE
Redlands, CA