Old September 20th 04, 01:41 AM
John Miles

In article , says...

And on the other hand, I ordered a computer
case and power supply at about 3 P.M. last
Wednesday. It arrived about the same hour
on Friday. It's over 700 miles between City
of Industry (L.A.) and Alturas, CA. FedEx
Express Saver service has been good to me.

BTW, there were a lot of barcodes on the
box other than FedEx's. Didn't seem to
matter.

73, John - K6QQ

I just sent a huge box (24x24x30 or so, about 70 pounds) via FedEx 3-day
Express Saver from Seattle to Portland. It got there the next day for
about $80. Can't complain about that! Actually paying for overnight
deliver would have been in the $300 range.

I don't have much use for FedEx Ground, though. FedEx has done a
terrible job integrating the ground service with the rest of their
tracking and billing infrastructure. The impression I get is that
FedEx's IT people are among the least competent in the shipping
business. It's *very* rare that all of the features at fedex.com
actually work at any given moment. And I've lost track of the number of
"user IDs" I've had to create over the past few years due to their
wholesale re-engineering of the site.

-- jm

http://www.qsl.net/ke5fx
Note: My E-mail address has been altered to avoid spam