Old September 20th 04, 05:26 PM
Dave Platt

In article ,
John Walton wrote:

FedEx Ground can be disappointing -- I agree -- but I've sold a lot of bulky
stuff on EBay and warn the purchaser that they should expect delivery in "at
best" a week. Nothing has gotten lost for me via FedEx Ground.

I've come to prefer FedEx Ground over the corresponding UPS service
for one significant reason: damage. Both in my own experience, and
that of the shipping/receiving guy at the company I work for, the odds
of a decently-packaged device being damaged in shipment are
significantly higher if it's sent by UPS.

FedEx seems to be somewhat more gentle with the packages, and (if I'm
shipping and do so via my employer's system) it's less expensive.

--
Dave Platt AE6EO