Old September 20th 04, 06:47 PM
Allodoxaphobia

[ Odious Top Posting corrected ]

On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 02:52:02 GMT, don hath writ:
Bill wrote:

I ordered a bunch of parts for a homebrew amp from Mouser on the 10th.
FedEx picked them up in Fort Worth, Texas on the 10th, got them to Los
Angeles on the 13th and they've been sitting there ever since. IF they
are delivered tomorrow, the 20th, that will be seven days to go the 120
miles from LA to my QTH. IF they are delivered tomorrow.

UPS has problems too, but they've never been that slow for me.

Perhaps the package is in the building or truck but can't be seen ?

Been using fedex ground for last year now, less expensive the ups
and packages get there on time, I'm in central nc so fedex hub right
here is town.
Kinkos now part of fed ex, so same great rates and more places
to drop it off.
I find the fedex hub faster and easier to use, they know their stuff.

agree with other poster that the fedex ground fedex home tracking is
slow to update. Had one buyer complain about his package,
turns out it was sitting on the front porch since 4 pm california time
but he kept using the fedex home tracking and 'on truck for delivery'
kept showing up ! lol.

Also, it could be your browser cache. Hit [Reload].
I had a similar problem with (IIRC) UPS out of Washington state.
My package "sat" in Salt Lake City for a day or two. Ultimately
it was on my porch whilst my browser said "Salt Lake City".
doooh! I did a [Reload] and then saw all the routing updates
past Salt Lake City: depart SLC, arrive/depart Grand Junction,
arrive/out_for_delivery Gunnison.

It's the web designer's fault in such a case. The page should be
tagged as non-cache'able -- yielding a fresh load on each view.
I remember emailing webmaster@ for that instance, and I remember
getting back a non-specific/non-commital reply.

Now that I'm on DSL, I cache Very Little in my browsers. HI!HI!

73
Jonesy