Old July 10th 13, 08:11 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
w5kcm w5kcm is offline

Default 6 meter antenna ideas.....

On Thursday, June 27, 2013 2:05:51 PM UTC-5, Wayne wrote:
Needs to be either in the attic, or on a metal patio cover.

A vertical on top of a 20 foot pole "might" be possible.

Currently I am using a 1/4 wave vertical mag mount on top of a metal patio

cover. I also have a half wave dipole in the attic.

So, any ideas for something better?

Wayne

W5GIE

A friend built a single element quad or full wave loop using wire and pvc pipe for spreaders and this worked pretty well. Also is fairly compact to put into the attic or hide it if needed outside.
73, Randy, w5kcm