Old September 29th 04, 04:07 PM
Micro MegaWatt

Just a thought -- the 8 ohms is Z impedance -- not R resistance

--
One Watt

To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism;
to steal from many is research.
-- Comedian Steven Wright

"Gary Schafer" wrote in message
If you are looking for average power out the formula is E squared/ R
Where E is rms volts. Rms voltage = .707 of peak voltage. Peak voltage
is .5 of PP.

So your power out is around 9 watts.

73
Gary K4FMX

On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 19:16:26 -0400, Ken Scharf
wrote:

I built a small audio power amp to drive my computer
speakers. With one channel driven into 8 ohms the PP
voltage measured at 1khz was 24v before clipping.
With both channels driven it was 20v.

I think the formula for power output was ((vpp/sqr 2)**2)/R
which would give me 36W one channel, and 25w per channel with
both driven.
(not bad for a 2n3055/mj2955 pair running at +- 15 volts)

Is my math correct?