Old August 10th 13, 02:52 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dave dave is offline

Default LED Recommendation...and a bit OT

On 08/09/2013 11:15 AM, HankG wrote:
What is the maximum wattage (equivalent) currently on the market? Am
currently 'all-incandescent' and use mostly 100 & 150 watt bulbs.

Are current LEDs living up to their price vs. longevity value? Forgetting
energy savings, are they worth the money being charged?

HG

I don't think so; the CFLs are still the cheapest. I have a work light
with an LED for mechanical ruggedness.

I have a 150 Watt bulb I use to test 100 Watt guitar amps. I stopped
using incandescents almost 30 years ago.