Old October 7th 04, 04:26 PM
J Autt

Default Spectrum Analyzer vs. Field Strength Analyzer

I am looking for a handheld Spectrum Analyzer BK2650 (Link1 below) or
Field Strength Analyzer Protek 3290 (Link2). The problem is that I
cannot see the major differences between them, yet there's a major
price difference of $1000-2000. Can anyone tell me what the major
differences between a spectrum analyzer and Field Strength Analyzer?
Is it in demodulation ways, sweep speed, display freq span, or some
extra stuff that I do not need as an amateur/electronics hobbyist?
Thanks.

Reference pictures:

Link1 http://www.testequipmentdepot.com/b+...ision/2650.htm
Link2 http://www.contacteast.com/product/g...arent_id=10977