Old August 29th 13, 06:45 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Sal[_4_] Sal[_4_] is offline

Default Time Warner truck

"amdx" wrote in message
On 8/28/2013 11:58 PM, Sal wrote:
"amdx" wrote in message

On 8/28/2013 1:25 PM, Sal wrote:
"Jeff Liebermann" wrote in message

snip

So, what did the Cox guy find? I'm nosey.
--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D

It was almost all leakage from ring-crimp connectors. (Your comments
contained your own answer :-) He replaced them with compression
connectors,
probably the Snap-n-Seal from Belden.

I had a couple of pieces of RG-59 that he changed in favor of a better
cable
from a spool he brought. Most of my runs were Belden 9275, which he
said
was fine -- if terminated properly.

"Sal"

I had the same situation, my house was singing and the tech heard it
from a major road close to my house. The company was doing an upgrade
and were out correcting all the problems before the change.
The tech replaced 7 ring type connectors in my hot Fl, attic and one
inside where my router was connected.
The repairs eliminated an interference pattern on two channels.
The upgrade increased my internet speed.
I have since bought compression type connectors and a tool to install
them.
Mikek

I have probably a hundred or so ring-crimp connectors for RG-59, RG-6 and
even some big ones for RG-11. I also have a half dozen crimpers, some
found
as bargains andsome bought retail. (The quest for the perfect crimp tool
is
a cruel journey.) I know I need to transition myself to better TV
connectors; I just hate to consign my existing stock to scrap. ... but
that's what it is, I guess.

What brand of crimper and connector(s)? Are you happy with them? [I had
typed just "Are you happy?" and realized it looked very Zen.]

I already had to do it for DC power. From a mishmash of mostly banana
plugs
& jacks, plus some RCA plugs, I went to Anderson Powerpole connectors and
every time I pull out something I haven't used in a while, I grab the
Powerpole kit, too. I bought 50 connector pairs, 50 feet of Black/Red
12-gauge and a crimper at HRO. I like it. If the wires are small, I'll
solder lightly first, then crimp.

"Sal"

I bought my compression tool and connectors at Lowes. Installation was
fine, I have no clue about the shielding quality, just assume it's
better than the ring connectors.
Mikek

I have a Lowes. Thanks!

"Sal"