Old August 29th 13, 08:07 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Sal[_4_] Sal[_4_] is offline

Default Time Warner truck

"Jeff Liebermann" wrote in message

snip

Drivel: All of my 50 ohm antennas on my roof are connected to their
respective radios with 75 ohm RG-6/u coax, F connectors, and various
adapters. Also some RG-6/u with BNC compression connectors. No
problems and very little additional mismatch loss.

Yes. My Field Day antenna two years ago was a 20m dipole at 30 feet, which
I first simulated with EZNEC. It was close to 75 ohms at the feedpoint,
typical of such a dipole, so I used RG-6 -- about 60 feet. The unadjusted
VSWR at the transmitter was near the expected 1.5:1. The TS-570 internal
tuner handled it instantly. (I was going to say "handled it in a flash," but
that's a bad, bad metaphor.)

RG-6 has a surprisingly low loss. See this:

http://vk1od.net/transmissionline/RG6/Fig01.gif

and note the lengths are in meters.

This page is interesting, too.

http://www.arrg.us/pages/Loss-Calc.htm