Old September 4th 13, 07:08 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Jerry Stuckle Jerry Stuckle is offline

Default Converting FM Transistor radio to 350khz

On 5/13/2013 5:53 AM, Camerart wrote:

Hi,

I would like to know if it is possible to modify (simply) a transistor
radio so it can pick up frequencies on other ranges. I particularly
want 300 to 400 khz FM.

Cheers, Camerart.

The other problem here is the FM broadcast band (which is what I think
you're talking about) uses +/- 75khz deviation, would would be way too
wide for the 300-400 khz band.

It would be possible - you'd have to change the front end, local
oscillator, narrow the IF strip and redo the discriminator, but it could
be done. Probably much easier and cheaper to just get a radio for that
band.

--
Remove the "x" from my email address