Old September 6th 13, 03:36 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Bob[_32_] Bob[_32_] is offline

Default Ham Radios For Sale

On Wed, 04 Sep 2013 11:08:49 -0500, B29 wrote:

On 9/4/2013 8:19 AM, Jerry Stuckle wrote:
On 9/3/2013 7:35 PM, k9cpu wrote:
I am selling off my Late husbands (silent Key-K9CPU) rigs in mint
condition. send email: hamk9cpu at yahoo dot com if
you are willing to purchase anyone of this rig. I will be looking
forward to hear from you. Thanks for looking.

SB-220 AMP
YAESU FT-857D
ICOM IC-7000
ALS-600 Ameritron Solid State Amplifier
YAESU FTDX-3000 w/ PWR supply
ICOM IC-775 DSP
Alpha 99 HF Amplifier
Kenwood TS-590S w/ Extras
YAESU FT-1000MP HF TRANSCEIVER
Yaesu FT-897D with extras
HENRY 2K AMPLIFIER
Yaesu FTdx3000
Collins KWM2-A
Kenwood TS-590S & MC-60 mic
IC-7600 with LDR M7600 meter and RTL-SDR option
TS 850S AT
Kenwood TS-2000LE
Commander 2500 HF amplifier
Flex 5000a
Flex3000
Yaesu FTdx5000
Yaesu FTdx5000MP
Collins KWM-380
Icom pro III
Elecraft K3
Elecraft KX3
I will appreciate serious buyer. contact me via email:hamk9cpu at yahoo
dot com

Thanks
73

And who was your husband? The current holder of K9CPU is alive and well.

Yes Jerry, I suspect that none of this gear exists except for the text
above. This is very likely a scam. The worst part of it is that I
suspect it is being perpetrated by a ham radio operator.

It must be someone very slick too. Looking at their headers an odd feature pops
up. Copy and pasted below, notice the "X-Complaints-To:
" field. I feel the field was edited because the poster
supposedly has giganews as their provider, but complaints aren't directed there
as they should. I checked "www.newsgroupbanter.com" out and it's a new domain
name that the page I got says was just registered, but has no further
information. Interesting. I think an email to giganews might be in order.

From: k9cpu
Newsgroups: rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Subject: Ham Radios For Sale
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2013 00:35:38 +0100