Old September 6th 13, 04:40 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Jerry Stuckle Jerry Stuckle is offline

Default Ham Radios For Sale

On 9/5/2013 10:43 PM, Bob wrote:
On Wed, 04 Sep 2013 14:03:44 -0400, Jerry Stuckle
wrote:

On 9/4/2013 12:07 PM, B29 wrote:
On 9/4/2013 8:19 AM, Jerry Stuckle wrote:

And who was your husband? The current holder of K9CPU is alive and well.

Yes Jerry, I suspect that none of this gear exists except for the text
above. This is very likely a scam. The worst part of it is that I
suspect it is being perpetrated by a ham radio operator.

Yup, I don't see why a single ham would have all of this equipment. It
looks like someone just got a list of model numbers from various sites
and put it together, without understanding what they were. That's what
tipped me off and why I started investigating.

I sincerely doubt it is a ham. A ham would have a better idea of what's
being listed. And it didn't take long to find a posting by the REAL
holder of the call sign at 5:30 this morning.

Can you, (or anyone else here) confirm that K9CPU is indeed alive and well? An
how was it confirmed? I ask before I submit an email report to Giganews
regarding this post. I looked K9CPU up in QRZ but there is no email address
listed unfortunately, so I can't contact him directly. A Yahoo search didn't
come up with anything helpful either. If this is a scam, it is obviously illegal
and needs to be reported, but if real, I don't want to add to a bad situation.

Bob KB2ZGN

Yes, he was alive when I looked. I checked his license, and found a
post by him on his company's blog about 5:30 that morning. And it was
not like his is a common name.

If you want to know for sure, get his info from the FCC database and
give him a call.

But it won't make any difference if you submit a report to giganews or
not. They don't care.

--
Remove the "x" from my email address