Old September 6th 13, 04:41 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Bob[_32_] Bob[_32_] is offline

Default Ham Radios For Sale

On Thu, 05 Sep 2013 20:13:12 -0700, Jeff Liebermann wrote:

On Thu, 05 Sep 2013 22:43:35 -0400, Bob wrote:

Can you, (or anyone else here) confirm that K9CPU is indeed alive and well? An
how was it confirmed? I ask before I submit an email report to Giganews
regarding this post. I looked K9CPU up in QRZ but there is no email address
listed unfortunately, so I can't contact him directly. A Yahoo search didn't
come up with anything helpful either. If this is a scam, it is obviously illegal
and needs to be reported, but if real, I don't want to add to a bad situation.

I couldn't make the determination. However, if you Google for the
email address, or search the various Google groups for the email
address, you'll find the identical message posted to at least 63
newsgroups and facebook pages:
https://www.google.com/search?q=hamk9cpu%40yahoo.com&num=50&filter=0&biw= 1309&bih=857
The call sign has also been used to create logins on various ham
related sites. For example:
http://www.4x4ham.com/showthread.php?3425-Welcome-K9CPU
I think that would be sufficient evidence that it's a scam.

Thanks Jeff. I just sent the email to Giganews requesting they look into it, and
asking about the link discrepancy.

73, Bob KB2ZGN