Old September 7th 13, 08:19 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
rickman rickman is offline

Default Marine VHF Radio for Truck

On 9/7/2013 2:11 PM, Jerry Stuckle wrote:
On 9/7/2013 2:03 PM, rickman wrote:
On 9/7/2013 1:22 PM, Jerry Stuckle wrote:
On 9/7/2013 10:50 AM, rickman wrote:
On 9/7/2013 7:43 AM, Jerry Stuckle wrote:
On 9/7/2013 12:11 AM, Steve Crow wrote:

On a more serious note, I'm always amazed that the response from so
many
hams is to immediately suggest ham radio as the ultimate solution to
any
communications dilemma, and quite often it is not. This was just one
such instance.

While there's no doubt it's an enjoyable hobby, and you'd probably
get
some use out of it, it doesn't address your immediate needs.

(I was never a top performing sales guy at my last job. I wonder
why?)

Two things:

1. What do you expect from an Amateur Radio related newsgroup?

2. Amateur radio is a perfect solution for him, except he's placing

^^^
-------------------------------------------------|||

See this part? Now read the rest of the post...

additional, unnecessary constraints. He has multiple bands he can use,
can run much more power, and no restrictions on base or mobile usage.
The only restrictions are he can only talk to other licensed hams, and
cannot use it for business. I don't see the latter as a problem, from
what he's said.

But then you obviously don't know anything about ham radio, yet you
are
giving your opinion on it.

Why do you continue to argue about this? I have explained repeatedly
that I won't be able to get anyone else to use ham gear. So I would not
be able to talk to anyone I wish to talk to.

Is this one of those groups where a small number of people dominate all
the conversations?

I wasn't talking to you.

No, you are speaking in a public forum. If you want a private
conversation you might consider an email.

You need to figure something out - this is a public forum. Not
everything is about YOU. And not everyone is talking to you.

But now you're just trolling. Next will come the ad hominem attacks.

I think it is about me because... well, because you *were* talking about
me ("him" in this case), see the quote above.

I know it is a public forum. That is what I had to point out to you.
You seem to object to me using it as a public forum. You don't like
what I say and you don't like who I say it to.

If you don't like my posts, why do you keep replying to them?

BTW, by calling me a troll, *you* have started the ad hominem attack.
If you don't like the conversation you are free to not participate. You
are also free to killfile me. Then you won't be bothered by me anymore.

I'm sorry it got to this point. I don't try to antagonize people like
you, but there are no small number of folks on the Internet who seem to
want to run things and that doesn't work with me.

Thanks for the good information you have provided.

--

Rick