Old September 13th 13, 11:43 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
JIMMIE JIMMIE is offline

Default 6 meter antenna ideas.....

On Thursday, June 27, 2013 3:05:51 PM UTC-4, Wayne wrote:
Needs to be either in the attic, or on a metal patio cover. A vertical on top of a 20 foot pole "might" be possible. Currently I am using a 1/4 wave vertical mag mount on top of a metal patio cover. I also have a half wave dipole in the attic. So, any ideas for something better? Wayne W5GIE

Havent much been on the air since my daughter was born 18 years ago. She took over the extra bedroom or as I called it "The Shack". The roof of my house has ridges running at right angles to each other so I installed 6 meter dipoles in each one. I could select either one via a coax relay also mounted in the attic.. One thing I did notice with this setup was there was usualy very little change in signal strength regardless of whitch antenna I used.. The exception was with local contacts when the other station was directly off the end of the antenna I was using. There was only one station like this.

Jimmie