Old December 20th 03, 12:53 AM
w4jle

While you will probably get any number of answers, I personally have always
used 6. The best supports I have found are slices of 12" white plastic sewer
pipe. You normally can get a scrap piece at your local utility company.

Make them 3/8" thick and put a hole every 60 degrees.

If you want to take a look at the effect of increasing wires or diameter,
Reg has a program for cage dipoles that lets you determine the best setup
for what your trying to accomplish.

Anecdotally, the cages are quieter (less electrical noise) than standard
dipoles. Don't make this statement on here however, because 9 folks will
jump out of the woodwork to tell you how wrong you are.

Good Luck!
"larry d clark" wrote in message
. com...
hi

i've got a question about how wires to use when making
a fat conductor hf dipole(cage antenna)using wire equally
spaced around a circular form. ie target diameter is 8
inches, how many wires around the form, 4, 6, 8?

tnx

larry
kd5foy