Old September 21st 13, 07:22 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
[email protected] jimp@specsol.spam.sux.com is offline

Default Gamma Matching Question

Irv Finkleman wrote:
I am planning to build a magnetic loop antenna and
feed it by means of a gamma match. I understand
that a gamma match will work over a wide range of
frequencies. I hope to work a number of bands using
the same loop.

The gamma match principle will work over a wide range of frequencies
but a given gamma match is rather narrow banded.

Unless your gamma match is really mechanically clever like perhaps the
SteppIR antennas, it isn't going to cover multiple bands.

Some references for study:

http://www.bcpink.com/KB3IFH/files/D...%20article.pdf

http://www.k1ttt.net/technote/gamma.html

--