Old October 15th 04, 04:38 AM
Gregg

Behold, clifto signalled from keyed 4-1000A filament:

Gregg wrote:
Heh, I eliminated all but one or so spam a month by blocking everything
from *.cn, *.kr and the entire AOL netblock assignment ;-)

Surprisingly, you don't have to block all of AOL to kill 99.999% of the
spam coming from there. You stop nearly everything if you block the
following:

*.ipt.aol.com (e.g. ACB564F5.ipt.aol.com) *.proxy.aol.com (e.g.
ie3.proxy.aol.com) rly-ip01.mx.aol.com rly-ip02.mx.aol.com
rly-ip03.mx.aol.com
rly-ip04.mx.aol.com
rly-ip05.mx.aol.com
rly-ip06.mx.aol.com
*.wan.aol.com (e.g. pix-fw.wan.aol.com) *.webmail.aol.com

Trust me; I'm legendary for my blocking list. I block all of UUNet,
Savvis, MCI, Earthlink, Verio, RoadRunner; I block China, Korea, Japan,
Taiwan, Bahamas, Russia, Dominican Republic, Mexico, Costa Rica, Hong
Kong, Pakistan, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, and most of Canada,
Australia and New Zealand. (Among others. See
http://www.clifto.com/boycottlist.html.) If I can get by with blocking
only the above AOL servers, you can too.

With about eight percent of the world blocked, I average five spams per
week.

Major thanks!!

Oddly enough, my ISP blocks all of the US spammers, but no one else :-/

--
Gregg t3h g33k
"Ratings are for transistors....tubes have guidelines"