Old September 27th 13, 03:58 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
D. Peter Maus[_2_] D. Peter Maus[_2_] is offline

Default MY NEW DX-160 REVIEW - By Judah Smith

On 9/26/13 17:02 , wrote:

Isn't Alinco part of GRE ? Or maybe the other way around. They seem
to have one HF receiver currently in production . It is DX-R8 .

GRE has assumed sales and service for Alinco. But GRE is unable to
manufacture products of its own, due to a Chinese Government action on
the property where the GRE plant was located.

There is an interesting circularity to this thread. Judah's review is
of a DX-160 that I modified, and sold to him.

Truth is, that DX-160 was a fun radio. And from the moment I saw it
in the RS catalog, I wanted one. Took 30 years, but I finally got one.
And at the time it was new, it would have been my best option. WAY to
wide....I mean, the lower sideband started on the radio sitting to its
left. But it was fun. And it was a real radio.